Now then, let's hold "Yoko-Bue". And of course, you should sit up nice and straight before starting to play it !
How to hold the left hand
- Put the first joint of each finger (forefinger, middle finger, ring finger) over the holes starting at
"Uta-Kuchi". (these holes are called numbers "7, 6, and 5"). And put thumb under near
How to hold the right hand
- Each of the finger's (forefinger, middle finger, ring finger) at the second joint are put over the holes (three holes "4, 3, 2" from"Kan-Bi"). The little finger is put over the last or #1 hole.
- 1) You may relax your shoulder and streach your back before your hand hold it.
2) If you are right-handed, you hold "Yoko-Bue" at your right side. (If You are left-handed, you hold it at your left side.) Take a deep breath, expand your chest a bit and breathe out from your abdomen.
3) Now hold the flute horizontal with the fingers in the positions noted above.