I used cartons of milk which were as stock for making a chair, and I called the chair "a Taiko for practice".
The following text how to make a Taiko of cartons.
Stuff: 24 cartons of milk (500ml or 1l)& cloth of tapes
Notice: Please prepare same size of cartons of milk
1. Cut one side lengthway and bottom of each carton lengthways as a picture.
2. Also cut 3 pouring parts of them.
3. Join them and become one triangle.
4. budget 3 triangles such as , and make 8 parts.
5. Join 2 parts and become hexagon.
6. Arrangement look like this picture.
About 0.27meter in width of the Taiko.
If you use the paper which is "the grain of wood for wall " to make it, it will seem to be "Taiko" much more. Try to make a Taiko in your way.
(The illustration, photograph By Kuni)